Over the past few months we’ve seen a massive influx undone, boho waves. At the Spring 2015 runway shows last year, models were seen sporting this look on just about every runway from Alberta Ferretti to Chanel. While the look has been trending for a while, this season’s waves appear more relaxed, messy and looser than ever. Basically, you want to appear as if you just climbed out of bed… in the chicest way possible.
From Left to Right: ALBERTA FERRETTI | CHANEL | CHANEL | EMILIO PUCCI | CHLOE | TORY BURCH
There are many different methods to getting this look. If you have naturally wavy or textured hair, it might be as easy as washing your hair before bed and sleeping on it. For those of us less fortunate, check out the tutorial below for a complete step by step to achieving undone, boho waves.
Get the Look:
1. GOOD HAIR STARTS IN THE SHOWER. A strong hair foundation not only supports your styles, but it also keeps your hair healthy and nourished. While you’re in the shower, wash your hair with a shampoo that promotes scalp health, such as Head & Shoulders. Many people don’t realize that healthy hair starts at the root and that when hair grows from an unhealthy scalp, it is proven to be more prone to cuticle damage. Head & Shoulders is a classic product that nourishes your scalp, and leaves you with beautiful hair. I like Head & Shoulders Green Apple shampoo and conditioner as it’s PH Balanced and safe on color treated hair. It takes you from frizzy to silky in just one wash, leaving your hair perfectly prepped for styling. If you have oily hair, try their Instant Oil Control line, and for those with dry hair check out the Smooth and Silky shampoo and conditioner. Head & Shoulders gives you gorgeous, flake-free hair, and creates the perfect base to create any style.
The next time you’re shopping for beauty supplies at Target, make sure to check out Head & Shoulders and grab one of their new, limited edition bottles.
Special Target Promo: Buy 3 Head & Shoulders products and receive a $5 Target Gift card! (Offer ends 5/16)
2. BLOW DRY After you’ve given yourself a solid foundation with Head & Shoulders, mist in some sea salt spray (for texture) and give your hair a rough blow dry. Use a boar bristle hairbrush to gently smooth as you go. If you have naturally straight or limp hair, avoid brushing or smoothing too much. You want to preserve as much texture and bend in the hair as you can.
3. WRAP IT If you have short hair, grab a small barrel (1/2″ to 3/4″) curling iron or wand, and for medium to long hair, use a larger barrel such as 1″ or 1.5.” Start wrapping sections of your hair around the barrel of your wand in alternating directions around your head. Switch up the amount of hair you wrap each time as well. The finished product should look effortless, and you definitely don’t want it to be too perfect.
4. SHAKE IT OUT Once you’ve finished going over your entire head, shake your hair out. I like to finger comb it and then shake my head upside down.
5. FINE TUNE Next, take a flat iron and lightly run it over any waves that are too curly. You have the option of leaving it as wavy or as loose as you prefer. Since we are seeing much more loose waves this season, I flat ironed my waves quite a
6. FINISHING TOUCHES Lastly, take a pomade or a dry shampoo and apply it to the ends of your hair in order to break it up while creating texture and separation.
Celebs love a loose wave. SIENNA MILLER: Golden Globes 2015 | GIGI HADID: Coachella 2015 | KEIRA KNIGHTLEY: SAG Awards 2015 | BAR RAFAELI: Golden Globes Afterparty 2015
Spring 2015 Campaigns: TOMMY HILFIGER | GUCCI | NASTY GAL | CHLOE
Loose, un-done waves are a simple and easy hairstyle that anyone can create. The best part of this trend is that the beauty lies in its imperfection. If you start with healthy hair, anything else that you do is icing on the cake.
Buy 3 Head & Shoulders products and receive a $5 Target Gift card! (Offer ends 5/16). For Head & Shoulders at Target Click Here
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Head & Shoulders at Target through their partnership with POPSUGAR. While I was compensated by POPSUGAR to write a post about Head & Shoulders at Target, all opinions are my own.