GHD produces one of the top selling hair straighteners on the market. Folica.com rates it as one of their top 10 straighteners and professional hairstylists have been using them for years. I had to opportunity to test one out and It’s been making my job a lot easier.
- With a GHD, you don’t have to limit their use to just straightening. The rounded barrel allows you to curl, flick and add volume all with the one iron.
- GHD’s advanced ceramic technology senses the porosity of your hair, applying the perfect amount of heat each time (eliminating too much heat on areas of your hair that are damaged).
- GHD stylers seal in your hair’s natural oils, moisture and color.
- The best feature of the GHD is that they have a “Sleep Mode” which shuts the styler off after 30 minutes of no use. I can’t even count the number of times I have left my curling irons and straighteners on all day long because I forget to switch them off before I leave the house.
- They have universal voltage for travelers.
- Last but not least, the irons go into “shiver mode” if the room temperature drops below 5 degrees. Shiver Mode fights condensation that occurs in such low temps, which could damage your iron. I don’t know about you but I always find myself straightening my hair in less than 5 degree weather..
I have been testing my flat iron out on set for several weeks, on all different hair types. The very best thing about it is how quickly it heats up. I usually need turn my hot tools on way before I actually start using them, but with this flat iron it makes a chirping sound within 30 seconds, letting me know it’s hot enough for use! It straightens hair perfectly, leaving it shiny and soft. Last week, I was working with a model who had very straight hair already. The photographer wanted to add a little bit of body to her hair, while keeping the straight style. I used my GHD to add lift at the roots and movement at the ends. It was so easy, and made her hair look voluminous and full. I’ve been experimenting with it, making curls and crimps and it’s amazing how many styles you can create with just one tool. I have already replaced my current straightener (a CHI) with this GHD.
Which Styler is Best for You?
There are three different sizes of the GHD stylers. The regular size is their most popular, and will work with all hair types. They have one with wide plates which is great for super long hair, or really thick hair. The wide styler will create larger curls. Lastly, they have the option of a ministyler for short hair. This one is also great for men!
- Unfortunately, GHD stylers are on the more expensive side. Expect to pay between $200-300 depending on where you buy it.
- For some reason, after about 4 weeks of use my flat iron stopped heating up. I contacted the company and they sent me another one free of charge. My second one hasn’t shown any sign of malfunction.
What flat iron do you use?
Disclaimer: This product was sent to me by the company. I pride myself in providing my readers with honest feedback of the products I am testing. I will not recommend something I would not use personally or professionally. Sending me product does not guarantee a review and I accept no monetary compensation for in exchange for reviews.