Can you believe Marilyn Monroe would have been 85 today?! In honor of one of the most famous beauty icons of the 20th century, check out some of Marilyn’s top beauty secrets.
1. Marilyn’s first husband Jim Dougherty recalls that she used to wash her face with Shu Uemura cleansing oil and then rinsed 15 times with cold water.
2. Monroe used either Elizabeth Arden’s Pat-A-Creme foundation or Erno Laszlo foundation. She also used Erno Laszlo Duo-Phase Face Powder.
3. She would take ice baths (with a little bit of Chanel No. 5 added in) to keep her skin tight and cellulite free.
4. She always used Nivea Skin Moisturizing lotion.
5. Marilyn layered five different red lipsticks, strategically placed, to contour and highlight her lips and give depth and fullness.
6. She always wore false eyelashes but would cut them in half and only apply the outer half.
Happy Birthday Marilyn Monroe!